CLG and Astralis are matched up against each other in the MLG Columbus Major to be held on the 30th of March 2016 at 22:00 CET.
- CLG scored a huge victory over EnVyUs on Cobblestone yesterday in the group stage matches. They won the match 16-8 which saw them playing Astralis in the winners’ match
- CLG’s map pool basically consists of Overpass, Cobblestone, Mirage, Dust2 & Cache.
- Out of these maps, we can be sure that Astralis will be looking to ban Cobblestone and Cache. The remaining three maps include Mirage, Overpass and Dust2 (all three of which are the best maps for Astralis)
- Astralis have a very good record on these maps against much better teams. They are also quite good on Train (however its not a map that they pick themselves for the most part)
- CLG have a knack of studying their opponents and trying to adapt based on their observations. However that is usually for the first day of matches. They usually tend to struggle in Day 2 when they face tougher opponents.
- Astralis are one of the top teams in CS:GO. Their performances recently have dipped, however seeing Virtus Pro’s immediate resurgence in the form we should not count out a team like Astralis especially seeing how skilled they are
- Astralis are really good on Overpass, Dust2 and Mirage.
- The skill gap between these teams is quite high and as such the bet should be on Astralis to win this match. They also have a knack of making it out of groups quite comfortably for instance, Katowice 2016
The Prediction : 75%-25% Astralis
The Bet : Medium to High on Astralis.