Cloud9 and Gamers2 are matched up against each other in the MLG Columbus Major to be held on the 30th of March 2016 at 18:30 CET.
- A very even matchup however Gamers2 have historically never (except the first major ) made it out of the group stages.
- Cloud9 rely on a very methodical approach and are known to play well or poorly depending on their maps.
- Cloud9 are good team on Cache and Dust2 and these are their best maps. However they have improved their performances on Overpass and Train as well.
- Mirage is a map that Cloud9 have been consistently banning against most of their opponents. They lack the coordination required to play on this map. Inferno was a map that they used to play but repeatedly losing on this map even when they were top five in the world weaned them away from this map.
- Cloud9 have not had any successes so far. They did win Ibuypower invitational however that match was against Liquid who had not slept for more than 24 hours.
- Gamers2 took a beating yesterday by Virtus Pro. They had a very good performance in their online matches prior to this LAN. However the 16-1 drubbing is just unacceptable.
- Gamers2 as a team definitely have had bad LAN results so far. They have almost never been able to replicate their performances on LAN (especially in Majors) that they have had online
- Gamers2 have a decent map pool in Mirage, Dust2 and Inferno. However that being said it’s important to note that the form of the team is probably more important than the map.
The Prediction : 60%-40% Gamers2
The bet : Low on Gamers2.