A new update was shipped to the First person shooter game Counter strike global offensive on the 4th of August 2016.
The update mainly focuses on a long going effort by Valve to stabilize the accuracy of rifles ingame.
- New accuracy recovery method and new recovery rates for the M4A1-S, M4A4, and AK-47. See details HERE.
- Increased fidelity of firing sounds for P250, Five-Seven, Tec-9, CZ75-Auto, and Dual Berettas.
- Added unique reload and distant sounds for P250, Five-Seven, Tec-9, and Dual Berettas.
- Added defusekit player state to game state integration support.
- cl_weapon_debug_print_accuracy 2 is now a tab delimited formatted output of information.
- Fix a bug that rarely caused a player to be on the wrong team in competitive mode.
- Fix a bug that allowed players to spawn in unexpected (invalid) locations on various maps.
- Added logic to prevent airstalling (where a player appears to float in midair by disrupting their network stream).
- Added sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities convar (default: 1) that community servers can disable to support surfing, etc.
- Misc security improvements.
- Modified report and commend GC logic to clearly signal failure in the case of spoofed reports.
The source of this news is ofcourse straight from the csgo official blog itself.
Professional players are still getting used to the new sounds and will take time to adjust. As this update comes just around the corner of some major tournaments coming in, let’s see how this affects the teams and their gameplay