Valve have released an update for CSGO today. The changelogs read as :
- The first-person camera of players, spectators, and demo-viewers is no longer allowed to rise higher than their third-person head. This should prevent first-person players from being able to see from perspectives where their third-person head is not also exposed.
- When a player’s first-person camera is adjusted, bullets fired from both their client and server-side locations are also adjusted to emit from the corrected position.
- If for any reason the third-person player animation lowers a player’s head beneath the client’s first-person camera, the client’s first-person camera is lowered to stay at or under the height of their third-person head. This means that the third-person motion of the player is now represented more accurately from the first-person perspective.
- Third-person landing recovery animations are now weighted based on altitude traversed and duration in-air. Players landing from small jumps or falling from lesser heights will play more subtle landing animations.
- The anti-crouch-spam system has been changed to use degrading speed, instead of logging keypress-count. As before, the more often players crouch, the slower they will rise or lower. But this should now prevent bugs where players would instantly stand, or lose their crouch-spam penalty by moving a tiny amount. If players crouch even more, eventually they will just stay standing up.
- First-person and third-person crouch speed is now more closely related. The third-person player lowers more quickly to match the first-person representation.
- Players landing in crouch positions play a more subtle landing animation that raises their third-person head less noticeably.
- Molotovs are no longer extinguished by smokes that are significantly below them, so now it is possible to smoke inside hut on Nuke and throw a molotov on top of hut, or smoke under palace balcony on Mirage and throw a molotov on balcony floor.
- Molotovs are no longer extinguished by smokes that are above the fire height.
- Molotovs no longer spread under closed doors.
- Smoke grenades no longer get stuck in player clips when they extinguish flames upon bouncing off a wall.
- Increased fidelity and reduced distortion for fire sounds for AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20.
- Added unique reload, distant and draw sounds for SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20.
- Gunshot tails for AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20 no longer remain at the position they were fired, and instead more accurately spread over the environment.
- Latest version of de_cache, minor bug fixes.
- Lag compensation system will now reliably restore pose parameters responsible for animation layering which makes server-side hitboxes for lag compensated players better match client-side rendered models. (Thanks, /u/Spurks)
- Fixed a bug where player body pitch could improperly rotate the entire player entity inside lag compensation processing.