Mouz and NIP are matched up against each other in the MLG Columbus Major to be held on the 30th of March 2016 at 15:00 CET.
- Mouz’s best maps include Cache, Cobblestone and Mirage. They have also always been very efficient on Dust2.
- Mouz have played two maps in this major so far –
As we can see, Mouz have consistently removed Train as their first map. Their second veto usually ends up being a map that their opponents are favoured on.
- Each team gets one ban in the best of three veto. As such its obvious that Mouz will be banning Train for sure
- NIP are playing with Threat in what is a definite disadvantage for the Swedish roster. They are already falling behind other teams in the tournament and playing with Threat (who has not had much success in recent years ) puts them even further on the backfoot.
- Threat’s lacklustre gameplay was evidenced in the Mirage match against LG. NIP are very good on Mirage, however Threat has hardly played Mirage. He proved to be a liability for the team as they had to make adjustments in the setup based on Threats ability to play certain parts of the map.
- NIP have a very small map pool to play with. This was noticed mainly in the veto for the NIP vs LG match
- NIP always remove Overpass. It is their worst map and they almost never play it.
- The team lacks the map pool required to veto properly, however seeing as it is a best of three, with each team picking one map; NIP definitely have a small advantage
- They should be picking either Dust2/ Inferno (I would pick Inferno )
- They however have a severe disadvantage in the aim department as Pyth is not playing yet at the major.
- They have been given a full day to prepare themselves and as such NIP would be better off than they were yesterday
- NIP veto Overpass
- Mouz veto Train
- NIP pick Inferno
- Mouz pick Cache
- Random choices out of Cobblestone, Mirage and Dust2.
The three random maps are all very good maps for Mouz. However it really comes down to how the team copes with the Swedish roster. NIP is known to consistently win matches against lesser skilled teams. Mouse had glaring problems in their match against Flipsid3 which resulted in quintuple overtime
The Prediction : 60%-40% NIP
The Bet : Low NIP ( Risky bet )