NaVi and EnVyUs are matched up against each other in the DreamHack Masters Malmö 2016 to be held on the 16th of April 2016 at 12:00 CET.
The most solid match up of the night is between NaVi and EnVyUs.
NaVi now have Guardian back in the lineup who was been having physical problems with his wrist. He will not be exerting himself too much (Guardian’s words). Now considering Guardian just showed up yesterday and that today will be his second match, any underlying problems and/or pain might show up here. That’s reading a bit too much, I agree but I don’t see Guardian to be in the same form that he was.
This leaves a lot of manoeuvrability for EnVyUs. With Guardian probably not playing his best, EnVyUs can play their usual aggressive gameplay and damage the econonomy of NaVi.
EnVyUs haven’t been looking too good either although they did manage a solid win over Dignities. EnVyUs’ play has always been linked to their confidence. Their aggressive pushes and plays require them to be hitting their shots as they risk a lot of positioning on those plays.
Now the map veto.
- Navi always ban Cache.
- EnVyUs almost always ban Overpass
- NaVi have the option of picking Dust2 (they are amazing whilst EnVyUs is mediocre ). Navi can go Train too.
- EnVyUs might pick Inferno. They have shown a tendency to go towards Inferno in their last couple of matches. Seeing their performance against Dignitas yesterday they definitely looked strong on it with multiple entry frags in most of the rounds.
- The remaining two bans should be Train ( EnVyUs) or Dust2 if NaVi pick Train.
- EnVyUs have the option of choosing between Cobblestone and Mirage. Both these maps are 50-50 anyway so we can just hope and see.
I think it comes down to how EnVyUs play in the first two maps. The only chance EnVyUs seem to have is to go to map number three.
But considering the odds and the fact that EnVyUs seemed to be quite decent yesterday a low bet on EnVyUs seems decent.
My bet : Low on EnVyUs.