NaVI and NIP are matched up against each other in the MLG Columbus Major to be held on the 1st of April 2016 at 15:00 CET.
- NaVi have been in phenomenal form recently and are definitely amongst the top three CS:GO teams currently competing.
- NaVi consistently ban Cache. This is one of the better maps for NIP. However it is not the only map that NIP are strong on.
- NaVi’s performance relies heavily on players Guardian and Flamie. If these players do not perform, the team falters to a large extent.
- NaVi’s best maps include Mirage, Overpass, Dust2 and Train. They are also decent on Inferno and Cobblestone. They always ban Cache.
- NIP have come off of a huge slump and a roster change exchanging Allu for Pyth. However even that turned out to be a badly as NIP had to play with their coach Threat in the Major.
- Threat however has definitely turned out to be a surprise revelation as he has consistently been scoring frags (sometimes even better than some of the other players on the team) .The number of multi frags that Threat has grabbed on several maps (mainly Cache and Overpass) is phenomenal.
- The team seem much more structured right now. They seem to be coordinated and have good communication and map awareness.
- NIP’s favoured maps are Dust2, Cache, Inferno and Mirage (maybe even Cobblestone after their recent performance)
Map Vetoes :
The vetoes by the two teams are fairly straightforward. NIP will veto Overpass while NaVi will veto Cache. These are consistent bans for the teams and there is no reason to think otherwise.
The more important part however is the map picks. NIP are known to play decently on Dust2, however picking Dust2 against NaVi is not always the smartest choice. This is a map that Guardian excels on with amazing control all over the map. Not only does this boost the team’s morale but it also demotivates the team facing off against NaVi.
The Prediction : 45%-55% NaVi
The Bet : Playing the odds – Low on NIP